I complained in my previous post about the number lock problem in Linux Mint Debian Edition. Here is the fix.
This method enable numlock during login and after login, so you have the numlock always on in your Linux Mint and LMDE.
1) FIRST, install numlockx, open terminal and type: sudo apt-get install numlockx
2) SECOND, go to menu and type startup programs and open it.
3) Click on +add
4) On “Name” put: NUMLOCK ON
5) On “Command” put: /usr/bin/numlockx on
6) Click on “+add” and “close” .
7) Then open a terminal and type : gksudo gedit /etc/mdm/Init/Default
8) After typing your password, a file will be opened in Gedit. Add these lines at the beginning of the file:
if [ -x /usr/bin/numlockx ]; then
exec /usr/bin/numlockx on
9) Then save the file and close your terminal session.
10) Restart your computer and next time you turn on it you have Numlock On always.