So I started my podcasting process on Thursday’s, since that is my day off from work (that, and Friday’s). The recording went fine. But when I went to import it into Audacity, it would sound like super fast Chipmunks. And when it would stop it, it would freeze and I would have to force it to quiet.
I have been having a problem with my Linux system shutting down, so I thought maybe it was messed up. So I did a fresh install and restored all my files, which is an 8 hour process. But when I went to use it, I still had the same problems. Yes, I was frustrated. My mental constructs were getting the better of me. (I still have so far to go).
I then decided to use alternative programs. Ardour had too big of a learners curve. I finally choose a Windows program that is like Audacity called Wavosaur (I ran it under WINE). It worked to edit the file.
Many hours later I managed to figure out my problem with Audacity. In an updated, it changed the Default Sample Format from 24 bits to 32 bit float. I switched it back to 24 bits and it works fine again. To find this setting click Edit > Preferences > Quality.